Reply To: How to keep pipe bowl solidly connected to collar?

Forums Site Forums General Forum How to keep pipe bowl solidly connected to collar? Reply To: How to keep pipe bowl solidly connected to collar?

Hava Yen

Thanks again everyone for your responses.  I decided to go with another solution, and if it fails overtime I will use one of yours. Main reason was that I wanted to use what I had on hand, here in my apartment.

If you see in the attached pic, the pipebowl is upside down, and not falling out of the collar, as it did before.  I left some of what I used exposed, so you can see its material, but after this post I will trim it away, to conceal the fix.

What I did: I took some cotton that I found, and made a circle with it to fit in the collar, in order to decrease its radius.  This way the collar would hold snugly to the pipe bowl.  Then I scraped dross that was in the saddle, and melted it around the inside of the collar, so that the cotton circle would be “glued” to it.  Finally, I shoved the tighter collar to hold firmly to the pipe bowl, and voila!

My next task will be to polish the saddle.  Currently I don’t have the materials, but when I do, I will be sure to post results.

Off topic, but if you would be so kind, please check out my website that I just completed, recently.  It has nothing to do with opium antiques, but if you like art, here it is: polaroidartist.net

Thanks,

Hava Yen

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.